Devotional : A Theology of Grief

 

Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went away full, and the Lord has brought me back empty.

When Naomi returned to Bethlehem, leaving the graves of her husband and sons behind in Moab, we can only imagine the pain and grief she experienced as she came back to familiar places and faces. What thoughts and memories would have emerged? Oh, that’s Mrs. So-and-So, and those must be her sons. Look how they’ve grown! This is where I used to bring the boys. This is where Elimelech and I used to walk…

Continue reading click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotional : Striving After the Wind

Podcast - Culture & Religion : Are Christian Politicians Trying to Set Up a Theocracy?

Devotional : This Is the King