Devotional : Giving Back to the Giver

 

But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.

Some time ago, some of the staff at our church decided to put stickers on everything in the building, announcing that it was “Property of Parkside Church.” Initially, I wondered if we really expected that someone wanting to steal a garbage can would turn it over, read the sticker, and suddenly decide to return it. It seemed like a fairly pointless exercise. I soon discovered, though, that I actually quite enjoyed turning things upside down and looking at these little stickers declaring, “This belongs to the church”!

Click here to continue reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotional : Striving After the Wind

Podcast - Culture & Religion : Are Christian Politicians Trying to Set Up a Theocracy?

Devotional : This Is the King