Devotional : Once Saved, Always Saved?



Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

You may have heard of the doctrinal teaching that some people have come to call “the perseverance of the saints.” It is a beautiful doctrine that attempts to capture the keeping power of God over His chosen ones. Jesus said, for example, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27-28). Romans 8:29-30 similarly offers to us what some have called “the golden chain of salvation,” affirming that anyone whom God “predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.” God’s promise to glorify those He has chosen is so certain that Paul speaks of it in the past tense.

Click Here to continue reading

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devotional : Striving After the Wind

Podcast - Culture & Religion : Are Christian Politicians Trying to Set Up a Theocracy?

Devotional : This Is the King